The accounting assistant will work closely with operations and the accounting department to perform various financial and accounting functions.
- Prepare billings and invoices for all aspects of the Company’s revenue cycle, including, but not limited to, military and commercial ocean freight and other accessorial charges
- Perform detailed review of Bills of Lading for accuracy
- Receive, log, track and report on customer invoices and amounts outstanding
- Communicate directly with customers via phone and email regarding payment
- Support may be provided in financial and accounting matters outside of the Company. The accounting assistant will also be involved in various special projects, as needed.
- The position will report directly to the Accounting Manager, to ensure that all accounting and reporting requirements are met.
- Be able to perform other duties independently as assigned.
- The candidate should have strong understanding / ability to perform work primarily in excel (i.e., pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.)
- Judgment—displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Analytical—synthesizes complex or diverse information. The position also requires strong analytical skills
- Communication—ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and displays excellent verbal and written skills.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Problem solving—identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Education, Training & Experience
This position requires an undergraduate degree, with an accounting and/or finance concentration. The ideal person should have a strong accounting background (1-3 years). Although a background in shipping and logistics is not a requirement, the ability to quickly learn the business of Liberty is essential.
Job Application Liberty
Lake Success, New York 11042, USA Main: 516-488-8800 Fax: 516-488-8806